Thursday, August 12, 2010

Cake fiasco

For Brad's birthday I decided I would make him his favorite cake and bring it up to work at lunch time. The other guys in the office like it as well, so I thought I'd make 2. Since they cook for about a hour and I didn't want to have to rush it all in the morning, I decided to make one the night before. As I was making the one the night before, I started to have to rush anyway because Cole started getting upset because he was hungry.

The following is what happens when mommy brain meets multi-tasking cake maker. NOT GOOD.

Cake 1
(last night)
Cake in the oven, forgot the chocolate chips.
Out of oven.
Empty into bowl.
Clean bundt pan.
Re-butter & flour pan.
Add chips, put batter back in pan and back in oven.

Cake 2 (this morning)
In the oven. Realize that I didn’t add the sour cream to this one OR the one last night. This one has been cooking too long to try to add it now. Decide to make THIRD cake so at least one of them will be right.

Cake 3
Follow ALL steps perfectly. Or so I thought. ALL ingredients in this time, I quickly clean the pan as soon as it comes out of the oven with missing-sour-cream-cake 2.
Clean.
Butter the pan.
Start to pour in batter…. Oh no! I forgot to FLOUR the pan as well. I am not taking any chances that this one will be ruined. I do not want it sticking to the pan.
Return to bowl.
Clean pan, butter AND flour. Back in oven.

Burn Cake 3.

Ok, no. Just kidding. I didn’t burn cake 3. Wouldn’t that be horrible? I probably would cry. It's baking right now and it will be perfect. :)

1 comment:

Eileen said...

Oh I just miss you! I hope Brad had a fabulous birthday! What a good wife to make THREE cakes! Haha! love you!