Boy 2: "You're going to have a baby?!"
Thursday, March 25, 2010
School Sayings
The kids at my school are funny. I work with the little primary kids so they are 8 years old and under. Most of them are just now realizing that I'm pregnant.
I hear it in whispers as I go by classes... "She's going to have a baby!" & "Mrs. Dunn is pregnant."
I also get the ones that think they are tattling on what someone in their class said.
"Mrs. Dunn, So-and-So said you're going to have a baby."
"They're right, I am."
"Oh. Ok." (No more comments.)
Once they figure it out or are told, they usually ask if it's a boy or girl. The other day when I said it was a boy to a class waiting by the bathrooms, there were cheers that went up. Mostly from the boys. I guess they "won?"
Today was particularly funny as almost every group that I met with today had a question for me or starting talking about it. (Luckily no more of "How'd you get that baby...") Maybe it was what I was wearing?
One group's discussion....
Boy 1: "Why are you still here when you're about to have a baby?"
Boy 2: "You're going to have a baby?!"
Boy 2: "You're going to have a baby?!"
I decided that the fact that one kid thought I should be in the hospital having a baby right then, and the other one didn't even know I was going to have one should cancel each other out.
This group also decided that his name should be Rockstar.
And then there was another kid that told me today that I should be at the hospital.
Geez! I wonder what they'll think in May!
Sorry kids, I'm still here. And, you still have to learn math. And like it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
that's awesome! so much more fun than the things 7th graders would say! :)
Post a Comment