Thursday, January 7, 2010

How did you...

Today I was working with a group of Kindergarteners. I sit at a horseshoe table- me in the middle and them all around me so we're pretty close. This one kid kept coughing...a lot. And, he wasn't covering his cough most of the time so those germs were just flying over onto me. Eww! Gross! I kept asking him to cover his mouth and then he would for the next one.
Finally, we had this conversation:


Me: Ok, *Joe* (names been changed) you know I have a baby right?
Joe:: nod.
Me: Well, it is really easy for me to get sick right now and it's not good for me or for my baby. It's harder for my body to fight germs. That's why I get worried when you cough on me. Could you please please try to cover your mouth so you don't share your germs?
Joe:: very serious nod yes.
Little girl that has been listening to this:: So, how'd you get the baby?
Me: uh....
Little girl: Oh, you got married right?
Me: YES!

So, if anyone asks and especially if they are 5- You get a baby when you get married.

4 comments:

Kelly said...

LOL! that's hilarious! that's an "ask your mom when you get home" response!!!!!

The Leuenberger's said...

hilarious. Little kids are just so darn cute.

Renee Westcott said...

Hey there! I haven't checked up on your blog in a while but I was THRILLED to see you are expecting! Congrats and welcome to mommyhood. I myself have 14 weeks remaining until baby Henry so we're not too far apart!

Jesse and Dori said...

Cute story! I liked the pictures of your anniversary trip. We just had our 8 yr. anniversary, and we saw Avitar in 3D as well :)

I am so happy for you guys, congratulations on the baby!! I hope you are feeling better, and not having too much morning sickness. How many weeks are you? keep me posted!