Friday, August 21, 2009
Outraged.
I heard about this last night on the radio. Maybe you have seen the ad. I have not. I refuse to post it on my blog, but if you are so inclined to look it up on youtube...it is there. And also, I just decided, that I will also refuse to actually say this website's name. I don't want any part of it and I certainly don't want to give them free marketing. (even though it is bad)
Basically, it is a website that encourages affairs. It is for married people to sign up to meet other married people with this intention. This makes me absolutely furious. The "O" in the name falls down like a wedding ring and the slogan says "Life is Short. Have an Affair." The man that created it claims he is doing good because it is getting the married people off of single dating websites that, in the long run, are hurting those who really are seeking a relationship.
What is also so so so sad is that this site, it has 3.7 million users. 3.7 MILLION.
And he is right, he is saying that the site- that- will- not- be- named did not created infidelity. It didn't- but it is making it a lot easier. It is creating a lot more opportunities.
He also claims, but speaks like it is absolute truth, that we were not meant to be monogamous. Thus, this website just aids in that DNA flaw. Who is this guy?! A geneticist now? He further goes on to point out that in places like Japan, Italy, and France that have much higher infidelity rates, but much lower divorce rates. So, stay in your marriage, but to do so by going to have an affair. Oh this will make the rates look better for the US. This man is completely forgetting the other person committed to the marriage. The whole purpose of marriage, the God created design.
I could go on and on about this, but I won't. I believe in the sanctity of marriage. I believe that it is a God created covenant. I believe that He created marriage for many reasons, the chief one being to glorify God.... that the world would see Him and His divine nature. Faithfulness being one of these characteristics. Psalm 100:5 "the Lord is good; His lovingkindness is everlasting and His faithfulness to all generations."
There is so much more, but this is not a post about what marriage is. There are plenty of books, sermons, other blog posts, that will do a much better job explaining this than me. It is however a post to vent about how outrageous this site is, and how blinded he is by making money that he will do whatever it takes to justify his site.
It is a post of sadness, as my heart breaks for the "uncommitted committed" in our country and all around the world. 3.7 million people.
I agree that the internet has brought a lot of great things to our generation. This, is NOT one of them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Wow. More infidelity = Less divorce? So infidelity is preferable? Then what's the point of being married? Thanks for sharing.
I saw this guy on Tyra and he is married!! Imagine that....he also claims he has never cheated on his wife and does not use his website. His theory is there was a "gap" in the market that was fascilitating a number of married people to run to single sites so why not just create something for these infidels (lol). I think this site is a sad reality and I am 100% positive there are a number of single people pouring into this site as well. What a way to disrespect the sanctity of marriage that God has created.
Jake told me heard this advertised on the radio a few weeks ago. Completely crazy. At first I didn't even believe him as if he was making it up because honestly who in their right mind would do that??? Like you said, it's just so sad.
Post a Comment