Saturday, February 28, 2009
Multitasking God
I'm a multi-tasker. I like to find the most efficient way to get things done and do them that way. Like when I have errands to run, I write them out on a list in the order that will be most efficient to drive to. This is one of the reasons why I hate the end of the year at school. There are SO many things that have to be done before I can leave and I really haven't figured out the best order yet. And last year I was so frustrated because I had already filed all of my kids file folders for next year, they were mixed up within all of the new 3rd graders to be. Then, I realized I forgot to put something in all of them that has to be there. I had to go find all of them, add the missing said item, and re-file. Because of this I have already started to make a list in my mind about the order in which I will do my end of the year procedures. But I digress, must stop thinking about the end of the year and summer...ooo summer. I can't wait for summer! Oh right back on track about multitasking. So tonight I was running. As you devoted blog followers know I decided I wanted to become a runner. Well, running takes time and for you to be healthy. Time I have not had a lot of lately, and stupid flu knocked me out for about a week. Anyways, it's coming along, just not as much as I would have liked. So I was running this evening. I was listening to music for the first time while running. ( So much better!) And I started praying, "God I want to be able to spend this time with you. I wish I could be one of those people that says they use their running time as prayer time. I feel like it would be a really good use of my time. I mean I could run AND meet with the You. What more could I want?" And that's when I realized... God basically said to me "I don't." Meaning, I don't think He really wants to be multitasked into a time that is convenient for me. Right now running takes a lot of my concentration. It's not something that comes easily to me right now to run 3 miles. I have to be thinking about it and giving myself little pep talks along the way. So maybe in a few weeks (months even?) I will be able to use that time to "run" with God. But for now, I will not try to multitask Him in. I will give Him the time that He deserves AND talk with Him on my runs- in between the pep talks. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I experience this every time I run...I've come to the conclusion that really there are so many connections to God and running, even if prayer isn't always perfectly intertwined...He loves that we are training for Him! I hope you are still wanting to run come a few weeks! Maybe we can run this weekend!?!
Love you!
How true. While I can't imagine any people being busier than we are right now, perhaps that is why it was decided God gets her own day. But I like to keep in touch more often as well...
Post a Comment