Wednesday, April 18, 2012

She's Here!




Last Tuesday morning (3:30) I woke up with contractions that were 10 minutes apart and getting stronger and closer as the hour went on...so I woke up Brad. I had been dreaming about contractions so I'm sure they started awhile before this and just made their way into my subconsious as.... twisted soft pretzels. Yes, somehow the pretzels were synoumous with contractions in my dream. Weird, I know. Our good friend came to stay with Cole while we left for the hospital with Brad's mom on the way to take over Cole duty. We got to the hospital about 6:30 am and they got me all hooked up. My labor and delivery nurse was absolutely fabulous. Everything about this delivery experience was better...well except maybe the epidural part. I don't remember that much from last time since I was so sleepy and already had some medicine in me. But besides that, the IV was put in the first time and didn't take 2 painful tries, labor didn't last as long, and best of all...I only had to push for 30 minutes instead of an hour and 30 minutes. And even those 30 minutes weren't as bad since I didn't push EVERY contraction. This was a huge answer to prayer because leading up to delivery again, I was starting to get anxious and scared and worried about how it was going to go. I mainly was concerned about the pushing part and prayed specifically that I would only have to push 5 times. I'm pretty sure that it was more than 5, but it still didn't seem like that long. And at 12:27 pm out came our sweet 9 pound 13 ounce HALLIE JANE. My doctor said, "She's big, I think she might be bigger than big brother was!" And she was. I'm glad I thought she was smaller than Cole going into it or it might have psyched me out a little.
Big brother Cole is doing so so well with the adjustment so far. He said, "Cole like baby sister." Couldn't love that sweet boy more.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

She's here....and she's awesome!

-an anonymous uncle

Leah said...

So glad your experience was positive! She's so adorable!