Tonight Brad, Cole, & I went to Macy's to buy a Keurig. So excited! (Wait, you'd like coffee? Sure! Here you go. Oh, you'd like tea? No problem! Hot chocolate? Bam! ...Anyways, not the point of the story....) We decided to use gift cards that we just got by cashing in our miles we acquired when we flew to China a few years ago. The points were going to expire and we each got $50 card. Oh yeah!
So, after waiting around forever for them to verify a FOLEY'S GIFT CARD FROM OUR WEDDING... yes, you read that right. Our wedding, 6 years ago. I, too, am amazed that I didn't lose it or spend it... we went to the elevator in the back of the store. I'm pushing Cole in his stroller. Elevator doors open & there are these teenagers making out in the elevator. Obviously embarrassed, they separate quickly, but not before I saw them. Brad, however, apparently didn't see them.
We get in the elevator- awkward.
The guy says, "Uh, down right?" He doesn't even know what floor we're on. Just to clarify, there are 2 in Macy's.
*longest elevator ride of my life*
Then, when we get to the first floor and the doors open, I know they don't want to get off. But Brad is being courteous since we'll take longer with the stroller, and says "Y'all go ahead" and basically kicks them off. It was all I could do to not start laughing right there. I'm sure my face was bright red. As soon as they were out of ear shot I filled Brad in on what really just happened. He said he sounded like their dad making them get off the elevator. Then, as I was still giggling about it 5 minutes later he added that I should have said....
"Better be careful or you'll end up with one of these." As I push the stroller on.
I REALLY wish I had thought of that! If it ever happens again, I'm prepared.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
3 comments:
completely awesome.
Ok, that's hilarious!
i love that story!
Post a Comment