Friday, October 22, 2010
Kindness
Kindness. It matters.
Last night we watched one of my favorite movies, Patch Adams. I knew it was one of my favorites, but I hadn't seen it in a long time. Yep, still a favorite. The thing I like the most about it is how Patch (Robin William's role) really desires to be in people's life and to make a difference. He stops and says hi. He asks people what they need and then.... imagine this....he does it. It makes me question... What would that look like in my life? What questions can I ask for others to feel cared about? What would I have to put aside to make time for someone? What could I do that meant something to others?
What would it look like if I truly, truly, loved others like Jesus?
And then, today I saw this. And this showed me once again, how much kindness matters. How much loving someone and putting aside a score, a game, pride....can really make a difference. I love this video. I love this team for cheering him on. I love the other team for letting him score. I love that those coaches are teaching more than football.
Last night we watched one of my favorite movies, Patch Adams. I knew it was one of my favorites, but I hadn't seen it in a long time. Yep, still a favorite. The thing I like the most about it is how Patch (Robin William's role) really desires to be in people's life and to make a difference. He stops and says hi. He asks people what they need and then.... imagine this....he does it. It makes me question... What would that look like in my life? What questions can I ask for others to feel cared about? What would I have to put aside to make time for someone? What could I do that meant something to others?
What would it look like if I truly, truly, loved others like Jesus?
And then, today I saw this. And this showed me once again, how much kindness matters. How much loving someone and putting aside a score, a game, pride....can really make a difference. I love this video. I love this team for cheering him on. I love the other team for letting him score. I love that those coaches are teaching more than football.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment