Wednesday, September 8, 2010
Car Bump
In an attempt to not always just blog about the baby, (but let's face it... He IS the best thing to blog about these days) here is a random story.
A few weeks ago my mother-in-law came and babysat Cole for a little while so I could run a few errands by myself. I was on my way when the car in front of me at the stoplight wasn't going. I could see the head moving around and it looked like they were looking for something. I waited and then politely honked so they'd know it was green. The car went. At the next light, in the turn lane to turn into the shopping center, the car stopped again. This time for a long time and the silhouette head was crazy moving around. It was long enough for me to think, "What if this person is having a seizure or something, and I am just sitting here watching?" So, I put my hazards on, get out and go up to the car. There is this old lady with an oxygen tank! I'm thinking, "What if she really is having a seizure?! What do I do?" But don't worry she wasn't. She just couldn't get the car to start and had stalled out. It was borrowed from her neighbor- not even hers! She gets out of her car, with her oxygen tank, and comes to look at my bumper to see if they "match up." Her plan..."If you slowly inch up, you can bump me and push it out of the way." As she is hatching this hair brain idea, I am just looking at her through my sunglasses shaking my head no. I was not about to "bump" her neighbor's car on purpose. I wouldn't even bump HER car on purpose. Right about this time, a nice strong looking man from the parking lot nearby asked us if we needed help. I nodded and waved him to come over. Then he pushed the car.... much better idea and I went on with my errand running.
I wish there was a clever way to end this story, but that's really it. So...
The end.
A few weeks ago my mother-in-law came and babysat Cole for a little while so I could run a few errands by myself. I was on my way when the car in front of me at the stoplight wasn't going. I could see the head moving around and it looked like they were looking for something. I waited and then politely honked so they'd know it was green. The car went. At the next light, in the turn lane to turn into the shopping center, the car stopped again. This time for a long time and the silhouette head was crazy moving around. It was long enough for me to think, "What if this person is having a seizure or something, and I am just sitting here watching?" So, I put my hazards on, get out and go up to the car. There is this old lady with an oxygen tank! I'm thinking, "What if she really is having a seizure?! What do I do?" But don't worry she wasn't. She just couldn't get the car to start and had stalled out. It was borrowed from her neighbor- not even hers! She gets out of her car, with her oxygen tank, and comes to look at my bumper to see if they "match up." Her plan..."If you slowly inch up, you can bump me and push it out of the way." As she is hatching this hair brain idea, I am just looking at her through my sunglasses shaking my head no. I was not about to "bump" her neighbor's car on purpose. I wouldn't even bump HER car on purpose. Right about this time, a nice strong looking man from the parking lot nearby asked us if we needed help. I nodded and waved him to come over. Then he pushed the car.... much better idea and I went on with my errand running.
I wish there was a clever way to end this story, but that's really it. So...
The end.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Matt drives a stick shift, and I was driving it recently and got stuck on a hill, and no matter what I did I kept going backwards DOWN the hill... a man had to "bump"me forward. I never knew that was an okay thing to do!
And yes, Cole is the best thing to blog about right now! :)
See you in like 5 minutes!
Post a Comment