
Saturday, May 22, 2010
Chunky Monkey?

Will he be a chunky monkey? It's looking that way. Big babies are on BOTH sides of our families so I was not too surprised when the doctor looked at my ultrasound and said "Y'all are going to have a big baby." But what DID surprise us was when they took all of his measurements and used them to predict/estimate/guess his weight right now. Are you ready for this? Their prediction as of yesterday.... 7 lbs. 14 oz. What?! Just shy of 8 lbs. and I have 3 weeks to go! I know that this is just a guess and can be as much as a pound off....but still. Even if it's a pound off he's still close to 7!
Guess we'll just have to wait and see how big he really is as birth. Good thing I didn't buy many "newborn" clothes. He's outgrowing those as we speak.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
You never know! My son was supposed to be almost 9lbs. and ended up 7lb. 11oz. and left the hospital at 7lb. 4oz. but newborn was way too BIG!...he wore premies for about a month. Long and skinny guy, can't wait to meet yours!
I can tell you Addison was 6 lbs 8 oz at my 36 week ultrasound, and she was 8.11 at birth (3 days late), so she was pretty spot on with her weight, since they gain about 1/2 pound each week. Good luck with that!!
Post a Comment