Saturday, March 13, 2010

Blue about BLUE!


I am never going to suggest we paint another room blue for the rest of my life.
I have decided that blue is the hardest color in the world to pick out. There is a very fine line that makes a great blue end up looking purple, or gray, or too green, or too black. And, the lighting is very unforgiving to the shade of blue that you pick. My wonderful husband is not unforgiving, thank goodness, because we have changed our minds oh, 3 or 4 times. Been to Home Depot, Sherwin Williams, and Ace Hardware more times than I care to count and more times for this project than any other house project we've done. Currently, the walls are being painted with the 2nd color of the day. It makes it worse that I can't even help so I feel awful when I admit that I don't like it.

To keep myself busy I have started a project of my own for the guest room. I'll show pictures when I'm done. Here are some hints though....it involved me going to garage sales this morning, Hobby Lobby, and doing some of my own (ok I copied Picasso) abstract art. Brad made me laugh so hard I was crying when I told him I was planning on doing my own art. Some how he didn't think I would like it enough to hang it in our guest room. He said I said it like I do that all the time... (nonchalantly) "Oh yeah, and I'm going to do some abstract art." Ha! He knows me too well. I was laughing so hard because it's true. I probably will not be ok with it, but I'm going to try!

If you need a blue paint sample, please please come take one of ours! I probably have what you need!

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Are you painting the nursery? We used Bibbity Bobbity Blue (I probably spelled that wrong) from the Home Depot's Disny Collection and loved it! Very soft and doesn't tend to lean in another color direction. You can come over and see it if you want. Don't feel guilty about letting your husband do all the work- I bet deep down he's loving it!

Brad and Rachael Allison said...

Katrina we're on our 13th sample of blue gray for our bedroom...blue is just wrong to have to choose! But I LOVE the color you ended up going with. Hope you're doing well!