
Wednesday, January 27, 2010
Switching!
I'm switching doctors and could not be more excited! Really, I liked my other doctor but NOT her nurse. And the nurse is who I had to talk to if I called with a question.
Like...
Me: ":) (smily voice) Hi, I am calling to check the results from my ultrasound. I was told that someone from the office would call me this week to let me know. (call is on Friday afternoon, ultrasound was on MONDAY)"

Without even checking... Meanie head nurse: "It was normal, AND, we don't call for that. (stupid)."
Ok, she didn't say stupid but she might as well with the tone in her voice.
Hang up the phone. Be thankful that he is healthy. Start crying at the rudeness at which I am being treated and for feeling like an inconvenience. Crying hard enough that Mabel comes out of our room and comes over and tries to lick my tears away. She put her head in my lap to comfort me. She is such a sensitive dog, too. This is why we are so good for each other.

So, with that as the LAST straw and after I have given her more than enough chances, I am switching. I was accepted as a transfer to a new doctor that came very highly recommended by some friends. Today I was making my first appointment and the very nice receptionist was getting some more info from me...
Her: Ok, and Katrina with a K and last name Dunn with 2 Ns
Me: Yes
Her: Do you have a middle initial?
Me: Yes, E as in.... um... egg. (Pause as I comprehend that it might seem like I am saying Egg is my middle name, so decided to clarify) But, that's not my middle name.
Really, egg? Why didn't I say as in ELIZABETH? Note to self- will do next time someone asks middle initial. For now, just giggle when I think about it and know the receptionist will probably always remember me as Katrina Egg Dunn. Nice.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
I switched doctors bc of the rude nurse, etc. before I ever even went in to my first one. Who are you seeing now? Which hospital?
Too cute! That is totally something I would have said! Good luck with the new doc little mama!!
How funny- now I'm always going to think Katrina Egg Dunn, too! Hee hee....Just kidding! Hope you love your new doctor and the nurse.
Glad you made the switch!
Oh Trin! How I miss you friend! You just crack me up! I totally understand about your nurse situation! It is super important to love your doctor AND your nurse! Praise the Lord he is healthy! Kaelyn can't wait to meet him!
I think you are soooo cute.Im laughing so hard.Katrina egg Dunn...I say things like that all the time...I loved the picture ,especially his little hands..Thanks for letting me share with you.Whata miracle.God is Good!!!
Post a Comment