Friday, September 18, 2009
I'm leavin' on a jet plane
Ok so it's not a jet plane...just a little Cessna. But, it still flies!
And BRAD FLEW IT BY HIMSELF!! I am so proud
of him!
He actually made his solo flight on Sept. 2, but I have been waiting to post about it until he had the "official" t-shirt ceremony. You see, when pilots were learning to fly a long time ago, the instructor would sit behind the student. He would direct the student by pulling on their shirt. So, now when you fly by yourself and "don't need your instructor" anymore, he cuts off your shirt! They write their name on it and hang it on the wall. Brad's will forever hang in Genesis Flight Academy at Georgetown airport.
And tonight also marked another first. I flew with him!
We (Brad, Don the instructor, and I) flew to Killeen, then to Temple, and then back to Georgetown. He did a couple of landings at each airport. I got to sit in the back with the headset on so I could hear what they were saying, and hear my studly husband talk to the control towers.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
OH MY GOODNESS! Were you scared!?!?
way to go brad dunn!
Whoo hoo B-Dunn! Trina, I'm so proud of you for fearlessly supporting him! How much fun!!!
Post a Comment