Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Packing

I'm packing right now. Well, ok not right now. Actually I am procrastinating packing by writing about packing. I don't like packing. It stresses me out. I am always afraid I am going to forget something really important and be miserable while on vacation thinking about it. I really can't think of something that I actually could forget that would actually make me feel this way, but it is still a concern. One of our friends told me once that he doesn't worry about packing because he can buy it there if he forgot something. This I agreed with at first, but have now realized that this was a very male way of thinking and does not settle my packing fears at all. When we went to China it was the first time in my whole life that I under packed. And I paid for it. I ran out of clothes and we had to wash them in the bath tub. But, come to think of it- I wasn't miserable. I was just uncomfortable having to wear the same thing again in the same week. (It was SO stinkin' hot and humid there- like you wouldn't believe!)So, Brad bought me this for Christmas. I love it. I can run through everything at a glance. The funny part is I still make more lists on the back.  Maybe this is because I was a girl scout growing up- "Always be prepared."

No comments: