Saturday, May 30, 2009
A Love Hate Relationship
I have a love hate relationship with the end of the school year.
Things I love:
1. SUMMER.
2. Does there even need to be a #2?
Things I hate:
1. All of the end of the year testing, paper work, files, etc. etc. etc.
2. The to do list that seems never ending.
3. Saying good-bye to my kids. I always always cry on the last day of school. While in the midst of the school year it seems like it will never end. Then, it comes. And I realize I just spent 187 days with some really special kids who will always hold a very special place in my heart. I have heard what they did every weekend since August. I know when they are not feeling well as soon as they walk into my classroom. I have given out band-aids and tried to heal wounds caused by words. I give them a hello every morning and a hug every afternoon. I have laughed at the silly things they have said and they laugh at me every day. I have pushed them to be the best they can be and have celebrated their accomplishments. I have listened to Hannah Montana and Kids Bop. I have danced when the songs said "Everybody dance now..." I have pretended to be "The Great Dunnzini" so they'll pay attention to the science experiments, and have been 100 years old on the 100th day of school. I have taught them how to be "good readers" and "great math detectives." I hope I have taught them how to love others. These are just a few....and I have to say good-bye on Thursday.
There are a lot of hard things about teaching.
This, is the hardest.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment